We first met up at Galleria. Took a cab going to Meralco chater. Err... theater, I mean. Wehe. As usual, Ortigas Avenue was a total jam of vehicles. Good thing we still arrived on time. Since we've bought the tickets a month earlier, I think we were able to snag some pretty good seats. Hehe. Here's our view of the stage from where we were seated:
West Side Story is a tragic love story based on the Shakespearean classic "Romeo and Juliet". It's about two lovers, Tony and Maria, who stood at the opposite sides of a simmering conflict between the Jets (American gang) and the Sharks (Puerto Rican gang). They fell in love with each other from the moment they first met. But as their love grew deeper, so did the tension between the two rival gangs. And as most tragic love stories go, theirs ended in Tony's death.
| The role of Tony was portrayed by Christian Bautista. While I really enjoyed seeing him perform in person, with his powerful singing and not to mention his gorgeous face, there's this tiny voice inside of me saying that he didn't quite fit the bill. I dunno. Perhaps 'twas the acting or the dancing that kinda put me off. And I think he was a bit stiff on stage. Oh well. I crush him still! Ahihi. ^_^ | |
| Lucky for us, Joanna Ampil played Maria. Though I've read that Karylle's performance was surprisingly good, I still had my fingers crossed for Joanna. You know, to get a taste of broadway. Mei ganun?! Hehe. As expected, her portrayal of Maria was effortless. I really liked her Latino accent. "Por favor, Anita! Make the neck lower!" Hehehe. | |
| Now I understand why everyone's raving about the actress who played Anita - Rowena Vilar. Her singing, her dancing, her acting - everything was just astounding! A triple threat, indeed! No wonder she was well-applauded at curtain call. Angaling! Hope she gets to do more projects here in Manila! Ahihi. |
After the play, we headed to Galleria. Since tomorrow is Franz's birthday (Happy birthday!!!), he treated us to dinner at Chef d' Angelo. Our stomachs were happily loaded with Chicken al Pesto, Seafood Medley, fish and chips, chicken, and pizza. Hmm! Yum-yum!
After dinner, Franz and I pushed through with our plan to go to Serendra. Since our feet were already tired from all the walking, we went to All Flip-Flops and bought ourselves a new pair of Havaianas! Ahihi. It took us a long while to decide on which to purchase. What I really wanted was the Bobbi Brown edition but unfortunately, it wasn't on the racks. My next pick was the Logo Filete but the available sizes were either too big or too small for us. We ended up buying the Camuflada in black and in blue. ^_^
We then went to Conti's for dessert. As usual, the place was packed that we had to wait to be seated. When we were placing our order, the waiter told us that they're out of Mango Bravo cakes. Huwaaat?! Huhu. Told him that we'd have Choco Walnut Torte instead. Again, he told us that 'twas no longer available. Huwaat?! Huhu. He suggested we try the Bananalicious pie. As Roney would have said it, "Sure, sure, sure!" Hehe. Failed to take its picture before sinking our forks into it. So here goes a "tempting" shot of it. Or what's left of it, at least. Haha.
I better wipe the drool off my keyboard now. Jaa!
Ang ganda ng camera natin!!! :p
ReplyDeleteSayang walang Mango Bravo noh? Pero masarap din naman ang Bananalicious pie. Hehe... ^_^
Dami siguro nag-cchat sa Meralco... Hehe... :p
-@ntonymous
Unga! Anganda!
ReplyDeleteDi naman kelangan ng SLR noh?! Hehehe. ^_^
"Dami siguro nag-cchat sa Meralco... Hehe... :p"
Huh?! Sorry, di ko gets. Na-slow ako. Hehe.
Tama... SLR na yung sa atin eh... Hehe.. Meron na pa lang T700... :D
ReplyDelete"Meralco chater" Kaya marami nag-cchat... Hehe.. Toink! :p
-@ntonymous
Ahhhhh!! Yun pala ung punchline non.. Hehehe.
ReplyDeleteSorry naman, slow lng. ^_^
Hindi ba nakita na natin ung T700 sa Cyberzone nung naghahanap p lng tau ng T2?
Ganda! Pa-swap natin! Hehe.
kras ko talaga si christian bautista. *bow*
ReplyDeletenapa-"huh?" din ako sa maraming nagcchat sa meralco. kalurkey. haha
ReplyDeleteWahahaha.
ReplyDeleteSi Franz lng naka-gets sa joke nia. Peace! ^_^v