Friday, October 24, 2008

The Number 23

"Chapter 1. You can call me Fingerling. It's not my real name. It came from a book I read as a child, 'Fingerling at the Zoo'. Paper flap long gone. It had a green, hardback cover and mottled texture, and was possibly my very first book. Funny, I can't recall what it was about. The only thing I remember is the name. Fingerling. I'd wish it was mine. And now it is."

I felt like the book is imitating my life! The author knew so much about me! It is as if he chose me! That number! That fuckin' number! It had gone after Fingerling. And now, it was coming after me...

I was born in the year 1985. 1+9+8+5 is 23!

There are 23 letters in my name. And all the letters added up to 203! 20+3 is 23!

Orange is my favorite color. Do you know what Orange is?! #FF8C00! Or 16747520 in Decimal! 1+6+7+4+7+5+2+0 is 32! That's 23 reversed!

What time is it?! Right now! What time is it?! 11:12! 1+1 is 2! 1+2 is 3! 2 and 3 is what?! Twenty-fucking-three!

Today's my birthday. And at this point, I don't think I need to tell you how old I am...

~o0o~

Hahaha. Ok, that was a lame attempt to humor the movie. >_<

Nweiz, I originally planned to take this day off from work and celebrate my birthday lounging around, doing a whole lot of nothing. (Yep, that's my kind of treat. Hehe.) But since I was already on leave a couple of days ago and because the celebrants' department-wide treat was scheduled today, I had to literally drag my feet to work. Well, I sure didn't want to miss the food! Hehe.

I am no longer with the VGS project but I asked them to import me every Friday for the Win, Lose or Draw game. Epal lang. Wehe. It was my turn with the pen and my drawing looked something like this:


It was kinda frustrating though coz nobody except for Alger and Boss Mon seemed interested in guessing what I drew. Huhu. A few minutes later, Roney and JP came in with a surprise - a tall Secret Recipe chocolate cake from Franz! So that's why. Aysus! Mei ganun?! Thank you, thank you! Ahihi.

During the afternoon break, our department had a yummy feast of spaghetti, pancit malabon, lumpiang shanghai and ice cream! For a selected few, I also served the cake that Franz brought. It was really very good, it almost killed me!


Thanks for the love, the birthday wishes, the presents, and everything. Here's to the next numerical gap! ^_^

11 comments:

  1. Ur Welcome!!! :*

    "It was really very good, it almost killed me!" Ahihi :">

    -@ntonymous

    ReplyDelete
  2. ang cakeee.. T_T

    ReplyDelete
  3. @antonymous:
    Uu talaga..
    sabi nga ni JP para daw xang nasa
    langit habang kinakain nia un e.. haha.

    @pril:
    waah! absent ka kc e..
    meron secret recipe sa shang..
    hehe. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meron na din sa wakas Secret Spices sa megamall... sana lasahan ko ulit ung piece of heaven... sino kaya next na bibili??? ;>

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waw! Dati s East lang cla,
    ngyon meron na sa Mega?
    Sosyal! Nyahaha! :P

    Cge treat kita Secret Spices.
    Anu gusto mo? Kakanin? Lugaw?
    Bsta treat mko ng cake sa
    Secret Recipe. Heheh. ;))

    ReplyDelete
  6. ang SWEET recipe. sweet kc nung cake. amp.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isa ka pa! Hindi rin tumama! Hahaha.
    Anung cake ni-try nio? =P~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pumunta kme. At inakalang open na xa sa Mega. Kaso, kamusta naman? Nagbabakbak pa lang ng plastic. Waha. Kumaen na lang kame sa French Baker. Me Cordon Bleu nman dn dun.

    Pero punta kameng dFort nung 22. Same cake lang din ang natry nmen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nyaha. Akala ko sakto sa monthsary nio ang opening non. Ahihi.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Krngl!

    (Super) belated hamberdey :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super belated nga. Ahihi.
    Pero xempre, it's better to be late
    than later.. Wehe.
    Salamat! ^_^

    ReplyDelete