Monday, February 25, 2008

Kennon IXUS 860

Had second thoughts about joining this sidetrip to Baguio. I was already tired and my skin was burning and stinging and I got lazy when Roxie told me that Boss Chris' CRV was under repair and that we had to commute and I knew that it would be such a hassle because of the Panagbenga festival, (insert more reasons here). Hehehe. But with his CRV back in action, I realized that it would be a short trip so I might as well hop in. Haha.

But the short trip dragged on to hours and hours of getting lost and asking for directions. But as they say, getting lost could also be fun. As long as you could get yourself unlost, that is. And true enough, it added some fun and a few laughs into our road trip.

Manong: [hand pointing to right] "Kumaliwa po kayo don sa..."
Boss Chris: "Sigurado ka? Kasi kanan 'to."


Hehe. Couldn't really laugh out loud coz even I tend to get confuse with my left and my right. I guess I'm a little dyslexic. Nyaha. Moments later...

Joji: "Uy! Mei beach na pala sa Baguio!"

Hahaha! Welcome to La Union! *toink*

When we finally reached Baguio, we saw some of the floats from the Panagbenga festival. Sans the chrysanthemums, orchids, roses, sunflowers and everlastings. Huhu. The only decent float I saw was that of People Support.



Checked in at the City Lights Hotel. Watched a little TV. HBO was showing Music and Lyrics and I was just waiting for Hugh Grant to sing "Way Back Into Love". Hehe. But I wasn't able to catch the scene because the boys were already itching to roam around.


We first attended a mass at the Baguio Cathedral. After the mass, we walked around Burnham Park where we did a little food trip and munched on corns, chicharon and fishballs! Yum! Yum!



It started to rain so we walked back to the hotel. Roxie was texting and calling, asking us where we were. Not one of us texted back or answered her calls. When we reached the hotel, we tiptoed our way to the room, careful not to make any noise. Turned out that they weren't in the hotel and they wanted us to meet them at SM Baguio. Nyaha. But we were all infected with the lazy bug so we just appealed to their good nature to buy a KFC bucket meal for our dinner. Hehe. And of course, who would forget the drinks? I was just a little disappointed because I really had no one to share the bottle of Shakers with. Kathy, Roxie and April weren't that into mudslides. Boss Chris and Borj kept on bugging me about requesting for a bottle and not consuming it. Argh! 700mL of vodka mudslide is meant to be shared! I was kinda begging and forcing them to take a shot just to help me down the bottle. Boohoo.



Roxie and Boss Chris did a little skit. Boss Chris said that he invited a girl to join us. Roxie shouted some angry words. When the mystery visitor entered, it was Nerwin! Ayeee!!! Kathy blushed a thousand shades of red and a huge smile was plastered on her face the entire night! Kakilig! As of this writing, I could still feel the tingles! Ahihihi. ^_^



Nweiz, during the drinking session, we were watching an episode of my new favorite cartoon show: Family Guy. Starring my new favorite cartoon character: Stewie Griffin! Hehe. Stewie is a one year old baby boy with a deep voice, a British accent and a sophisticated attitude! San ka pa?! Hehe.



Stewie: "You know what else is disgusting?"
[He farts and his right eye turns red.]
Stewie: "Oh damn, I broke a blood vessel."


The following day, we went to the market to buy some pasalubongs: choco flakes, lengua, crinkles, ube jam, strawberry jam and sundot-kulangot. I also bought a back scratcher for my dad and a thumb ring and spider earrings for moi! Hehe. Then, we dropped by McDonald's for breakfast, went back to our hotel, freshened up, checked out, and leisurely drove around Baguio.

Our first stop was the Botanical Garden. The last time I went there, it was night time and everything was dark. Now I know how it looks like in daylight. Hehe. We checked out the Baguio Arts Guild gallery located at the heart of the garden. Everything in it was impressive and expressive.



We then went to The Mansion for a quick photo shoot. Stood in front of the gates, setup the tripod, first shot, second shot, third shot. Walked through the gates, sat in the pavement, setup the tripod, first shot, second shot, third shot. Done. As in that quick. Hehe.




Then, off we went to 50's Diner for lunch. We were too hungry to think of what dishes to order so we just availed of their group package. Next thing we knew, our table was overflowing with food! Dish after dish of Caesar Salad, Fish Fillet, Chicken and Pork Skewers, etc. Our stomachs were already as hard as our foreheads but they still served us a nice cup of ice cream for desserts! Nyaha.



Headed home after lunch. Nerwin and Kathy opted to ride a bus back to Manila. April and I were amazed at the trees' alignment on top of the mountains. The view left us with nothing to say but "Ang galing talaga ni God." Hehe. We drove down via Kennon Road to catch a glimpse of the Lion's Head. I'm pretty sure that it once had coal black hair but now the lion is sporting a blonde 'do. Hehe. Sosyal!


And here ends my shortest long weekend ever. Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment