Friday, July 20, 2012

Jab! Straight! Hook!


I've always wanted to enroll in a boxing class. Coz I've always secretly wanted to punch certain people. Things! I meant things! Wehe.

Jhe and I bought a 50% off deal for ten sessions at Elorde Boxing Gym in Mandaluyong. Despite the gray, rainy weather, we managed to haul ourselves to the gym for our third session. Thanks to whatever that was that strengthened our will to work out a sweat coz we almost lost to our lazy butts for a minute there.

Hmm.

Now that I think about it, what really pushed me were the four Tim Tam bars that I mindlessly (although very happily) consumed the night before and the leche flan that I had for dessert! I don't usually count my calorie intake but that was roughly 600 effin' calories! Waah. Sweet yummy treats, why can't I resist you?!

Arrived at the gym around 8am. After a bit of stretching and warming up, our trainer helped me put on my hand wraps and gloves. After three sessions, I think my jabs are getting stronger and I'm now throwing better punches. Save for the jab-jab-block-block-bob-weave-uppercut-hook-straight combination that usually ends with me laughing. Hehe. And I finally got my rhythm on the speed ball too! Yippee!

My fingers are a bit sore; I could barely type or hold the mouse. But hell, I feel kinda bad ass. Haha.

2 comments: