You know what they say about the eyes being the window to one's soul? How looking into them can reveal so much about a person? Well, have you ever tried looking into someone's eyes? Have you ever tried looking deep into them, as if they were the ocean and you were trying to see the bottom? Have you ever tried looking into YOUR eyes?
I looked at myself in the mirror and I saw someone whose eyes were brimming with emptiness. Like I was standing in front of a stranger whose stare I couldn't quite make out. If she was trying to tell me something, I wasn't really sure. And they say nobody knows you like yourself. So I thought I had to schedule an acquaintance party with me.
Which explains why I've been my anti-social self lately. It became difficult for me to look at other people in the eye coz I was afraid that they would see the emptiness that I saw. I wanted to detach myself from people, from the world. I wanted to get to know me again. But in the process of searching for myself, I created a gap between me and the people around me. And the lesser I interacted with them, the further the gap became.
I dunno what got into me that made me think or feel this way. I'm still trying to figure out what my brain is pushing me to think or what my heart is trying to make me feel. But one thing I know, and of this I am sure, is that I shouldn't allow this gap to get so far that it would be impossible for me to cross it.
I shouldn't.
I wouldn't.
Don't let it happen for that gap to widen! I have this one special friend in high school - a hearthrobe, exciting, enthusiastic, adventurous yet pure, loves reading, loves creative writing and very sociable...
ReplyDeletethen something happened (one of her friend passed away)...
since then, she became super antisocial!!!
She always spend much of her time with her dog... Everytime we see each other accidentally in the road (college years), even if I know her very much since high school... It seems that I don't know her anymore... that she's VERY DIFFERENT... Ofcourse, it's not that easy to tell her that what had hapenned... She will just simply tell "Duh, I am ok!" or tell you "is there any problem?"...
So don't let it happen for you to be anti-social.
P.S. #1. I remembered when Roxie show me your pictures in your high school reunion. I saw the emptiness in your eyes...nakangiti pero yung mata hindi. wala lang. observation ko lang. charing!!!
P.S. #2. Nagbabasa nko ng blog ngaun kasi one college friend of mine shared her blog to me. So tinuloy tuloy ko na rin... Understanding women's side.