Thursday, November 03, 2005

I Blog Therefore I Am

Attended a Focus Group Discussion for YEHEY! held at the Equitable PCI Bank tower in Ortigas. Too bad Yel and Ruiza weren't able to come. I also invited Roxie and Ogie but they had other matters to attend to. And I just realized that we won't fall under the same category anyway. "Young Professionals" na sila e. Naks! ;) Sayang. Nweiz, 'twas nice meeting new people and discussing the Internet with them. When asked what would make me visit YEHEY! more often, I said something about offering its users something new. "Like what?" I really had no idea. But now I do. Basta it's something blog-related.

Ha?! Blog na naman?! Mukha ka na talagang blog!

*Sigh* I told myself before that I would never go with what's uso. That I would always swim against the flow no matter how strong the current is. Well, that explains why I never signed up for a Friendster account. Call me abnormal, call me anti-social, call me whatever you want. Basta. But I stalk. I stalk a lot. ^_^

Then there's blogging. This part of the Web used to be so quiet when I entered. Now more and more people are taking a part of their privacy and are allowing the public to take a bite. And the evil spambots, who used to be confined inside my mailbox, have invaded Blogger too! It really must be the "in" thing now. But instead of swimming against the flow, like I normally do, this time I simply stayed afloat. I worked with the current and I allowed myself to become one with it. There were times that I thought of leaving the blogging community but when something "bloggable" happens, I always end up in front of my PC with thoughts darting from one experience to another in sheer delight. Nyaha. Looks like there's no letting go of my personal catharsis.

Nweiz, what I'm trying to say is that a lot of people are into blogging nowadays. A lot of people are making their private lives part of the public domain. And a lot of people, human nature as it is, enjoy delving into other people's private lives as well. So why not strike whilst the iron is hot?!

Speaking of which, YEHEY! gave out freebies for the FGD participants. I got myself a YEHEY! shirt, stickers, Php500 worth of Little Asia GC, Before Sunset postcards, and Orange and Lemons' "Strike Whilst The Iron Is Hot" CD! Coolness. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment